The snipes, snap, duck hook – whatever you want to call it, it’s a frustrating and damaging shot that usually plagues better players. Snaps can creep up with nearly any club in your bag, but is most common with longer clubs like your driver to 5-iron. The shot, for right-handers, starts low and left and hooks further left with plenty of speed and running power. In this article, we’ll cover some of the most common causes of the snap hook, and give you some great drills to try and fix it.
What causes a snap hook?
A snap hook is caused by one thing: over-active wrists into impact. There are many causes for over-active wrists however, so have a look at the list below to see if any of these faults sound familiar for your swing.
Read More →
Butch Harmon was an advocate of this drill and it was used quite often on Tiger Woods. Tiger Woods said that this drill was by far, the most irritating but effective drill he ever tried. If it can help Tiger’s game, likely it can help your game as well. Read More →
Timing and rhythm are essential characteristics of all great golf swings. It creates a swing that is repeatable and dependable. Many players who suffer from a hook have problems timing the movements of there upper and lower body. This can lead to either pushed, pulled or more commonly hooked shots. Read More →
A common cause of a hooked tee-shot is over-active wrists in the downswing. Practicing hitting knock down shots is really effective at reducing wrist movements. To properly perform this shot, you need to keep the clubface square to the target line as long as possible. Practicing hitting knock downs while focusing on trying not to be wristy. You’ll be impressed at how effective it is at fixing a hook. Read More →
Although statistics say 90% of golfer’s slice the ball… that leaves 10% of us that either hook or can hit it straight. Oddly enough, throughout my lessons, I see many beginner golfers who suffer from a hook. Although, yes, on occasion the fix can be as simple as ensuring the player starts with the clubface square at address, or their shafts are too whippy… but this is not always the case. I want to talk about some common causes of a the hook, that specifically affect beginners. For you better players who suffer from a hook… this post will surely help you’re games out as well. Read More →
A flatter swing path is the one of the most common causes of a hooked golf shot. Read More →
“Swing harder, and the ball will go further!”
Heard this before? It’s obvious to some degree, but not so much. When I see player actually try to swing harder, they give stiff, rigid and quick. Read More →